Developing a Love of Reading
This highly thought-provoking and practical course will explore the many ways that adults, both in school and at home, can play a crucial role in helping develop their children into life-long readers.
Suitable for all practitioners from Foundation to Key Stage Two, this half-day session will address:
- the latest statistics on reading trends and the requirements of the New Curriculum
- the powerful ways adults can ‘model’ the pleasure of reading
- the development of a reading culture
- ways of auditing and choosing suitable reading material
- approaches to celebrating and promoting books both in school and at home
- Inspirational ideas for sharing books
- the importance of storytime
- ‘Read aloud’ techniques.
Duration: Half day
Past attendees said:
“This workshop changed my approach to reading aloud forever!”
“The best course I have ever attended.”