Using role-play to develop literacy
This exciting training opportunity explores the enormous potential of role-play in the development of children’s language and communication skills.
Designed for Foundation and Key Stage One practitioners, this half-day course offers:
- inspirational starting points for language based play activities
- ideas for extending vocabulary through role-play
- guidance on providing structured activities to encourage and support listening, speaking, reading and writing
- practical advice on how to create role-play areas with children and seize upon self-initiated learning
- suggestions on the vital role of adults within play.
Duration: Half day
Past attendees said:
“This is the kind of practical course that changes what you do in the classroom.”